When was the last time you shared a piece of content through audio? Most people think of written content first and then video. Audio is often left out of the picture. Yet, there are excellent reasons to have content in different formats on your website.
Audio Content for Marketing Purposes
Following are just a few reasons why sharing content by audio is important in your business:
Reasons to Incorporate Audio into Your Marketing
- People have various learning styles; therefore, it’s important to provide information in a way that they can best absorb it, and in a format that matches their learning style. The auditory learning style is one of them.
- Many people like audio for convenience. Unlike video where, for the most part, you have to be in front of the computer screen or another device, audio is more versatile and can be made available for download to an iPhone, iPod, or MP3 player. It’s great for multi-tasking. For example, your device can easily accompany you when walking or on a treadmill. This is a great way to accomplish two essentials at the same time!
- There are many individuals who retain information better when they hear it than when they read it.
- With audio, you can inject personality into your website in a way that text and graphics can’t. There’s just something about hearing someone’s voice that makes site visitors feel welcome, and hearing someone’s voice can help your visitors to decide if they like the sound of your voice to continue learning from you on a more regular basis.
- Using audio can separate you from the competition. Many sites do not utilize audio, and if yours does, those who enjoy it will be likely to come to you instead of your competition.
So far we’ve covered five reasons why you should incorporate audio into your Marketing. As a business owner who is interested in satisfying the needs of your customers and clients, it’s important to provide them with alternatives because different persons have different learning and communication styles.
By incorporating audio in your marketing you provide content in a way that meets the needs of many of your visitors.